How to keep your Breastpump clean: The essentials
How to keep your Breastpump clean
Providing Breast milk is one of the best tools you can do for your infant’s health and development. Breast pumping is one way to provide milk to your little one. However, germs and bacteria can grow quickly in breast milk or breast milk residue that settles on pump parts. Following the steps, you can keep your breast pump clean and help protect your infant from these germs.
Before each use:
Wash hands: Wash your hands well with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Assemble: Assemble clean breast pump. Inspect whether the breast milk pump has become soiled or mouldy during storage. If the tubing is mouldy, throw away and replace immediately.
Clean if using a shared breast milk pump with a disinfectant wipe.
After every use:
1. Store milk safely. Cap milk collection feeding bottle or seal milk collection bag, label with accurate date and time, and simultaneously place in a refrigerator.
2. Take apart and check the pump and the kit and separate all parts that come in contact with Breast/Breast milk like connectors, valves, and milk collection bottle.
3. Rinse Breastfeeding Pump or its parts that come in contact with breast/breast milk under the running water remove remaining milk.
4. Clean Breast Pump: As soon as after pumping, you must clean pump parts in one of the ways like-
1. Clean by Hand: Use a washbasin, Place the breast milk pump in a clean used only for washing baby feeding accessories. Never place the pump into the sink directly as it will allow sink or drain germs to contaminate the breast pump.
2. Add soap and water(Hot)
3. Scrub the breast pump using a clean brush.
4. Allow it to dry for sometimes thoroughly. Place the Breast pump in an unused paper towel in an area highly protected from any dust or dirt.
For Extra Protection:
For extra bacteria or germ removal, sanitize properly all the breast pump and its parts at least once daily. It is very important if your infant is less than 3 months old. Daily sanitizing of breastfeeding pumps may not be necessary for older tots if they are cleaned carefully after the each use.
Always sanitize the washbasin, bottle cover, pump parts as well. You can do this with one of the following ways:
1. Steam: Use a microwave or a plug-in steam system on the accordance of the manufacturers’ directions and guidelines.
Place the items that are safe to boil in a container and cover with water.
Put the container over the heat flame and bring to a boil.
Boil them for 5 minutes.
Remove all the items with clean tongs.
Allow to dry it completely. Place the sanitized breastfeeding pump and other parts on an unused towel highly secluded from any diet.
Store Safely until needed: After drying completely, store them to prevent them surrounding germs and mould from growing. Keep them in a clean, secluded area from any germ contamination.
Conclusion: By following the above tips you can keep the breast pumps clean without any much fuss. Check more on – https://www.totscart.com